Affordable Cargo Insurance Plans With No Deductible
You can get the full cost of your goods back if they’re damaged, stolen, or lost in transit.
Types of coverage we offer
- Ocean and Air Freight Policies
- General Average
- Heavy Weather
- Stranding, Sinking, Burning, Collision, Faults in the management of the Vessel
- Improper stowage by the carrier
- Pilferage, Leakage, Breakage and Rough Handling
- War Policy
- Strikes, Riots & Civil Commotions (SR & CC)
INSURANCE COST pennies per $100 of value
Contact our Agent and get a Quote
Our insurance experts can discuss your policy coverage for specific commodities or regions.
Why You Should Purchase Extra Cargo Insurance
- Purchasing additional cargo insurance is the best way to protect your shipments as it can cover the full cost of the cargo regardless of carrier liability.
- Although shipping companies are required by U.S. and international laws to carry a certain minimum amount of cargo insurance, it only covers a meager dollar amount, most freight has a much higher value than these rates below, without the proper insurance, you could lose a big part of the value of your cargo.
- Ocean carriers: even if you prove they are legally liable, their limit of liability is $500 USD per package or customary shipping unit, or the actual value of the goods, whichever is less.
- Air freight carriers: are only liable for 19 SDR per kilo (approx. $24 USD).
- There is no requirement to buy cargo insurance. However, it is highly recommended so you can better protect your goods from exposure to risks – some that could be catastrophic. That’s why it is important to weigh the low cost of insurance with the potential losses and collateral damage that could occur without insurance.