Importers Need to Get Ready for the “Peak Season” Now!
The annual Peak Season for imports into the US starts in July and carries through October. The peak season is driven by “back to school” buying and preparation for the holiday season. During this time, the demand for products in the US increases drastically, making carrier space harder to secure, leading to higher rates; it can also lead to longer transit times and unexpected delays.
The peak season can be challenging, but it is manageable –with proper planning.
However, the pandemic and current supply chain backups will likely impact the usual peak season congestion. Without appropriate planning, importers will be headed into the unknown this season. DGL’s experience, reliable network, and consistent ability to secure space and equipment can help you succeed and give you peace of mind.
What You Could Face during the Peak Season
- Tighter capacity
- Higher freight rates
- Longer transit times
- Increased Demurrage fees
- Limited Warehouse space
- Decreased Trucking options
Dedola Global Logistics’ unmatched expertise will optimize your supply chain, helping you manage, minimize, and avoid these obstacles.
How to Prepare
During peak season shipping, the demand for freight capacity outpaces supply. There are several things importers can do to prepare.
Experienced logistics partners like DGL help you plan. Our 46+ years of peak seasons give us the ability to guide you. We will tell you how we’ve dealt with similar challenges and how to apply the same methods to your supply chain.
- Plan Ahead. Draw information from previous peak seasons and how you handled those challenges. A firm grasp and analysis of your trade lanes and any capacity issues or delays you experienced is a great place to start.
- Book Early. Knowing how much advanced time you need to secure space is essential. It’s crucial to have cargo prepared and shipped early, with plenty of buffer times because of ongoing port congestion, Shanghai-like lockdowns, and US trucking shortages. DGL’s Ops staff will work with you to create the optimal timeline.
- Know Your Options. Some shipping options fit some businesses better than others. For example, LCL importers may be able to access existing consolidated containers and inland truckloads, keeping their costs down. Larger companies with higher volumes may need intermodal shipping to solve peak season logistics problems.
- Monitor Your Market. Market analytics can help you understand the forces that drive the current economy, and you can plan accordingly.
- Prioritize Critical Products. What products are most essential to your reputation and bottom line? You may opt for priority freight options that cost more but reduce your time to market. Access to a variety of freight modes can help control costs. Only ship your critical shipments via more expensive services.
Compare Shipping Options
- Ocean Freight. Historically a very reliable and consistent shipping method, now experiencing unprecedented disruption. But there are options. You may need to use a “fast vessel” service at a higher cost. DGL helps you secure the space and shepherd your shipments to their final destination.
- Air Freight. Fast, but expensive. International air freight is a dependable way to move freight quickly. Your cargo goes from origin to destination in a few days. An experienced freight forwarding company can help determine what goods optimize air freight.
Make Your Decision Early!
Onboarding with Dedola is a smooth process. Switching freight forwarders before the peak season is the best plan. You will experience DGL’s superior service, 24/7 dedicated representatives, and an experienced operations team in the US and Asia before the peak season begins.
Spot pricing is risky considering the continued volatility in the global supply chain.
Lock in multiple shipments with Dedola for better pricing, secure space, and peace of mind throughout the peak season.
We’re Peak Season Experts
The global supply chain is still plagued by shipping delays, complicating peak season logistics for importers. Partnering with a freight forwarder like Dedola Global Logistics is more critical than ever.
We have built our 46+ year reputation on loyalty, long-lasting relationships, and dependability. We’ll work tirelessly to secure the space, equipment, and pricing you need. Our experienced staff will keep you informed, and you’ll have 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art customer portal, TrakItPro.
Experience what we call The Dedola Difference. We deliver!
Contact us today at (800) 561-0399 for a free consultation and a comprehensive quote!