Air Freight Importing Specialists for More Than 45 Years
As a leading global supply chain and logistics provider since 1976, Dedola Global Logistics has partnered with many air freight clients, each with unique needs and high expectations, and we’ve delivered.
We have succeeded during the ongoing supply chain crisis by offering unparalleled air and ocean freight expertise and dedicated customer support that goes above and beyond. We’ve thrived by delivering on our reputation as consultative, conscientious logistics professionals offering a broad range of services. We help our clients strengthen their supply chain.
Our clients require access to all modes: ocean, air, ground, rail, and range from startups to established importers who ship regularly and Fortune 100 organizations importing hundreds of containers per month. We became a leader in air freight forwarding through our extensive experience and global industry network. Our partners value our relationship and reputation as much as we do and help us exceed our clients’ expectations shipment after shipment.
More About Dedola Global Logistics – DGL
Our team at DGL has more than 150 years of combined freight forwarding experience, with an average employment of more than 15 years. We’ve built our company on ocean shipping, with a presence in more than 190 countries. Over the decades, we expanded our air freight services, a critical shipping alternative when time is of the essence.
Below are some facts about air freight to consider:
- Airfreight traffic volume topped 61.5 million tons in 2017 – a number that is growing as the supply chain crisis deepens.
- In August 2021, air freight shipments were up over 5% YOY, a trend seen throughout 2021, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- In September, air freight shipments rose 9% YOY according to AITA
- About 55,000 ships are sailing around the world at any time. The largest of these ships may carry as many as 18,000 containers. Ports are becoming congested with little sign of improvement. Airfreight provides an alternative method for moving your company’s product.
- US Companies are still, as of December 2021, using air freight at an increased rate, and this will most likely be the case coming out of CNY.
Dedola Air Freight Importing Services
Airfreight forwarding services are crucial when quickly moving products from one corner of the globe to another is the top priority. With a limited number of flights and a fixed amount of space, it can be challenging for carriers to focus on your shipments.
No matter the size of your shipment, or the size of your company, Dedola Global Logistics will make you our priority. We strive to provide the best customer service available in the air freight forwarding industry. Your products are the lifeblood of your company, and your business is the lifeblood of ours.
We make sure to get your product where it needs to be quickly and efficiently while partnering with you throughout the process.
Demand for Air Freight Transportation is Surging
As the supply chain crisis continues in the ocean trade lanes, businesses will continue to look to air carriers to hedge against the ubiquitous delays and disruptions.
As we head into 2022, more companies will likely rely on air freight to expedite the movement of their products. The ongoing disruptions require importers that have historically relied solely on ocean shipping to turn to air, where they will likely face inflated prices and substandard support and visibility.
DGL provides the same visibility and 24/7 data access for air shipments as we do for all other modes giving our clients confidence that their shipments are on track.
Our Industry Memberships and What they Mean for Our Clients
- The International Air Transport Association (IATA) – The IATA represents 290 airlines in 120 countries and carries 83 percent of the world’s air traffic. The IATA promotes member interests through international lobbying, cost mediation, industry change initiatives, and targeted communication campaigns.
- International Federation of Freight Forwarders (FIATA) – Dedola participates in the Air Freight Institute (AFI) through FIATA. The AFI has proven to be a go-to group for consultation on all issues related to air cargo. They deliver reasoned responses to industry issues. They are an industry leader, with a strong emphasis on maintaining security to assure the safety of import cargo and society in general.
We Are Your Air Freight Experts
Shipping your goods across international borders is an increasingly complex endeavor. Using an experienced airfreight carrier that you can trust is critical in ensuring that your cargo promptly gets from point A to point B.
Before determining whether air or ocean shipping is optimal, you should consider several things. Our team will help you evaluate your timeline, the nature of your shipments, and your product specs to help you make informed choices.
Some of the advantages of shipping by air include:
- Speed – It’s no secret that planes will carry your goods faster.
- Customs – clearance is often faster than via ocean.
- Security – Your goods are generally safer under the care of airlines and airports, reducing the risk of theft or damage.
- Reliability – Air carrier schedules are more stable than ocean carriers at this time.
- Accessibility – Airfreight is flexible, providing global coverage and efficient trade routes to coastal and landlocked countries.
How DGL Has Gone Above and Beyond
- We successfully provided uninterrupted cargo space for personal protective equipment (PPE) during the height of the pandemic in 2020.
- We have developed an extensive network of major cargo carriers and private charter airlines. When required, we’ve been able to secure entire cargo planes for our customers’ critical shipments.
- We’ve successfully chartered aircraft for multiple high-demand commodities during the heart of the pandemic.
- We’ve developed optimal logistics plans for our clients who require multiple transportation modes to expedite the delivery of their goods.
Our Expert Air Freight Services Mean Your Product Will Arrive Safer and Faster
We pride ourselves on being able to help our customers solve their unique shipping and logistics issues. DGL employs advanced technology, seeks innovative options, and has the breadth of experience to help optimize your supply chain.
If you want to learn more about shipping via air, contact Dedola today!
READ: Air Freight Reference Guide – Free Download