As this department is often times the first point of contact with many of our clients, delivering exceptional customer service is vital in upholding the positive image our customers have of our company. As an Ocean Export Client Solutions Representative, you will be held accountable for coordinating and processing International Ocean Freight Transportation transactions associated with the movement and delivery of goods on behalf of our customers.
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting our current customer base by answering customer’s telephone/fax/email inquiries, quoting from A-Z concerning their shipments.
- Tracking shipments from multiple points of origin to final destinations
- Adhering to procedures and productivity standards
- Completing shipment accounting activities in an accurate and timely manner by issuing invoices and posting payments
- Maintaining and building rapport through constant correspondence with customers, vendors, carriers, and other offices through telephone/e-mail
- Creating, maintaining and issuing reports and shipping documents
- Providing customers with best transportation solutions by quoting rates and scheduling shipments for delivery
- Coordinating shipments with truckers, warehouses, agents and steamship lines
- Receiving and updating shipment information including pre-alerts and issuing documents.
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and documenting problems and services issues and maintaining operational systems
- Providing support to fellow associates, supervisors and department managers as necessary
- Problem solving and analytical abilities to identify and solve problems that may or may not be resolved by standardized procedures
- Minimum of 3 years experience with an NVOCC/Freight Forwarder
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Windows 2000
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of ocean shipment documentation procedures
- Previous telephone and customers services skills
- Willingness to continue self-development through ongoing training
Please forward your resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.